Light Dirt Accumulation (We suggest future cleaning every six months)
1) Use feather duster to remove all loose dust.
2) Apply one treatment of non-aerosol silk cleaner with spray applicator. Follow directions given for the specific brand.
Medium Dirt Accumulation (We suggest future cleaning every four months)
1) Remove loose dust with feather duster.
2) Apply one treatment of warm soapy water (Ivory soap works well, at a rate of
approximately 1 teaspoon per 2 gallons water), with a spray applicator.
3) Apply one or two treatments of non-aerosol silk cleaner. If more than one
treatment is required, allow plant to dry between applications.
Heavy Dirt Accumulation (We suggest future cleaning every one-two months)
1) Remove all loose dust with a feather duster.
2) Apply two treatments of soapy water (Ivory soap, at a rate of approximately
1 teaspoon per 2 gallons water), with a spray applicator. The wet leaves can
be hand-wiped after the second application, if desired.
3) Apply one to three treatments of non-aerosol silk cleaner. If more than one
treatment is required, allow plants to dry before re-application.
4) If plants are extremely dirty (ie: mixed with grease) they may never come
completely clean unless each leaf is individually hand-wiped.
*Note: Dirt may collect in the center veins of the leaves and on any other area where water or cleaner would naturally drain. It is best to concentrate these areas for a repeat spraying.
Artificial plants are often a practical way to create a warm and inviting space when low light levels and inaccessibility prevent live options. Live plants can be expensive to install and maintain, so by using a combination of replica plants with real plants, it adds authenticity to artificial varieties and is an effective means of stretching a budget.
By placing live plants at eye level and below, it creates the illusion that the whole interior space is live. Above, high planters that are difficult to water were planted with replica trees and grasses. Live plants placed throughout the space at eye level give the artificial varieties a genuine feel.
See the whole case study here