New library of 2D CAD Drawings and 3-Part Product Specifications of silk plants available for free download.
Minneapolis, MN, December 1, 2009 -- www.commercialsilk.com -- Commercial Silk Int'l, a leading manufacturer of silk plants and artificial trees, has created 2D CAD drawings and 3-Part Product Specifications for its extensive catalog of artificial plant products. Building Architects, Interior Designers and Landscape Architects are now able to create entire interior landscaping plans by selecting from Commercial Silk's library of silk plant and tree drawings. The 2D CAD drawings include elevation details and plan views of both the plant and the planter. In addition, each artificial tree and plant has a 3-Part Product Specification. The plant specifications are written according to MasterSpec which was developed by the AIA (American Institute of Architects) and incorporates Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) 3-Part Format, MasterFormat 2004 Edition.
[more]The Benefits of CAD Drawings for Silk Plants and Artificial Trees include:
1) Reduces Cost: In any given construction project whether it be an office building, casino, hotel or restaurant, there are hundreds if not thousands of different materials used in the construction. By having manufacturers that produce product details for computer aided design software, it eliminates construction errors associated with building things the wrong size. This ultimately saves money by eliminating rework costs. In addition to hard costs, silk plant drawings in CAD software improves coordination between designers, manufacturers and contractors which increases efficiency and reduces costs.
2) Improves Efficiency: The design process for all phases of design including interiors, architecture and landscaping is an enormous undertaking. By selecting products and manufacturers that can create product drawings and written specifications can help reduce the design process time. The same efficiencies realized during the design phase are also transferred to build phase.
3) Manages Expectations: When selecting silk plants and artificial trees it often times is done by looking at photographs from a plant catalog. This certainly is a good starting point, however, pictures of plants don't always accurately depict what the finished product looks like in person. This is where digital drawings of the artificial plant can eliminate any potential concerns about the scale and shape of the finished plant.
4) Creates Accountability: The use of CAD drawings for artificial trees creates accountability for both the manufacturer and the contractor. Since most commercial building projects include a master specification document, this document and corresponding drawings serve as a scorecard for evaluating and measuring the manufacturer and the contractors performance.
5) Better Design: The evolution of computer aided design continues to progress at a rapid pace with the development of BIM (Building Information Modeling) and software programs like Autodesk Revit. The ability to create drawings that encompass building geometry, spatial relationships, geographic information, and properties of building components ultimately leads to a better overall design.
About Commercial Silk Int'l
Commercial Silk Int'l is a leading manufacturer of artificial plants and silk trees exclusively for commercial projects. Working closely with architects and designers, our team of project managers, landscape architects and skilled artists created award winning artificial landscapes using authentic, commercial grade silk plants, trees and greenery; for example our artificial Alpine trees are stylized for retail environments. Our line of wholesale artificial plants includes both indoor and outdoor artificial plants as well as large artificial trees and custom silk plants. For more information on Commercial Silk Int'l or to access our library of free silk plant CAD drawings,visit www.commercialsilk.com