Outdoor artificial plant solutions can make updating your commercial exterior to reflect the seasons a simple and easy process. Outside of being easy to maintain, artificial plants add color year-round, eliminate watering, pruning, and fertilizing costs, are great for locations where growing live plants is difficult, and can create exciting and character-adding themes.
This step-by-step instructional video will demonstrate how to create seasonal plant designs by rotating and switching out outdoor artificial plant products from Commercial Silk.
- Outdoor Artificial Azalea Hanging Plant
- Outdoor Artificial Barberry (Green)
- Outdoor Artificial Ribbon Grass (Fall)
- Outdoor Artificial Cedar Plant
- Grow Pot
- Spray Foam
- Sphagnum moss, mulch or bark chips
- Glue gun or styrofoam adhesive
- Window Box or Outdoor Planter
- Outdoor Artificial Plants
To design an artificial plant interchangeable planter box, every single plant is potted into one grow pot, later to be easily inserted into your window box planter.Layer rock several inches thick at the bottom of the grow pot to add ballast.
- Dispense foam. Do not fill to the top of the grow pot. The foam will rise and expand.
- Add moss as a top dressing for the plant; press into the foam. Allow to dry and set up overnight.
- Using a glue gun, quickly spread glue onto the spear of the artificial plant.
- Press the plant into the foam-filled grow pot, thus gluing it into the foam. Repeat steps 1-5 for each plant.
- Place all potted plants into the window box planter. The weight of the rock in the grow pots will keep the artificial plants secure in harsh weather conditions.
- Gently shape the artificial plants for a healthy and groomed appearance — all leaves should gracefully reach towards the light.
When you want a fresh look, easily remove a plant and insert another prepared plant. With these simple steps, you’ll have a fully functional artificial outdoor plants solution for keeping up your outdoor planters with the seasons.