Outdoor artificial plant solutions can make updating your commercial exterior to reflect the seasons a simple and easy process. Outside of being easy to maintain, artificial plants add color year-round, eliminate watering, pruning, and fertilizing costs, are great for locations where growing live plants is difficult, and can create exciting and character-adding themes.
This step-by-step instructional video will demonstrate how to create seasonal plant designs by rotating and switching out outdoor artificial plant products from Commercial Silk Int'l.
- Outdoor Artificial Azalea Hanging Plant
- Outdoor Artificial Barberry (Green)
- Outdoor Artificial Ribbon Grass (Fall)
- Outdoor Artificial Cedar Plant
- Grow Pot
- Spray Foam
- Sphagnum moss, mulch or bark chips
- Glue gun or styrofoam adhesive
- Window Box or Outdoor Planter
- Outdoor Artificial Plants
To design an artificial plant interchangeable planter box, every single plant is potted into one grow pot, later to be easily inserted into your window box planter.
- Layer rock several inches thick at the bottom of the grow pot to add ballast.
- Dispense foam. Do not fill to the top of the grow pot. The foam will rise and expand.
- Add moss as a top dressing for the plant; press into the foam. Allow to dry and set up overnight.
- Using a glue gun, quickly spread glue onto the spear of the artificial plant.
- Press the plant into the foam-filled grow pot, thus gluing it into the foam. Repeat steps 1-5 for each plant.
- Place all potted plants into the window box planter. The weight of the rock in the grow pots will keep the artificial plants secure in harsh weather conditions.
- Gently shape the artificial plants for a healthy and groomed appearance — all leaves should gracefully reach towards the light.
When you want a fresh look, easily remove a plant and insert another prepared plant. With these simple steps, you'll have a fully functional artificial outdoor plants solution for keeping up your outdoor planters with the seasons.