How to Make a Planter Box with Silk PlantsWith a few materials and a little time, you can make a planter box yourself with artificial silk plants provided by Commercial Silk Int’l.
Products UsedArtificial Ribbon Grass Artificial Flowering Azalea
- Planter Box
- Sphagnum moss, mulch or bark chips
- Spray foam
- Glue gun or styrofoam adhesive
- Add a two-inch layer of rock to add ballast
- Dispense foam. Do not fill to the top of the planter box. The foam will rise and expand on its own.
- Add mulch. Press mulch into the foam. Let dry and set up overnight.
- Use a screwdriver to make a small guiding hole in the foam/mulch for each silk plant to be planted.
- Using the glue gun, quickly spread glue onto one plant.
- Press one plant into a hole, thus gluing it into the foam: step and repeat.
- Shape plants for a groomed appearance.